Monday, August 29, 2011
Not that we really need a reason to have more sex but I figured we should still know the health benefits. (-;
- Having sex promotes heart health: A study in the American Journal of Cardiology suggest that men who have sex twice a week have a lower risk of cardiovascular disease.
- Having sex burns calories: You could burn up to 413 calories in a vigorous sex session
- Forget about ambien sex is a natural sleeping pill: I don't even need to explain this one ladies
- Sex kills stress: Like exercise sex releases anxiety,lowers stress hormones, and can help people cope with mental pressure for at least a week.
- Having sex can keep your doctors visits down: People who have sex once or twice a week have stronger immune systems than people who don't, according to a study at Wilkes University in Pennsylvania.
- Forget the wrinkle cream: British neuropsychologist David Weeks, MD, of Royal Edinburgh Hospital did a 10 year study and determined that having more sex can turn back the clock. He interviewed 3,500 adults in England and the United States and found that people who reported having sex four times a week looked about 10yrs younger than they actually were.
- Men who have more sex are just plan happier: This should come as no surprise. Despite the stereotype men that are married are actually happier than men who are single. Maybe because it's easier for cohabiting couples to have sex.
- Keeps our skin young and healthy: Sex increases blood circulation, which helps pump oxygen to our skin resulting in a brighter appearance. Scientific tests find that when woman make love they produce amounts of the hormone estrogen, which make hair shiny and skin smooth.
Monday, August 15, 2011
DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME
*Guru Set aka FTW Set (Complete 4 rounds with no rest between exercises. Take 30 sec rest between each round) Once you complete all 4 exercises consecutively that is 1 round.
Guru Set 1
- Upright Rows: 1 set 6 reps
- Push Press: 1 set 6 reps
- Stiff Leg Deadlift: 1 set 6 reps
- Box Jumps: 1 set 8 reps
- Rest 30 sec Repeat
Trunk Curls (on the floor) 1 set to failure (You may take no longer than 2 mins to start G Set#2)
Guru Set 2
- DB Front Lateral Raise: 1 set 10 reps
- Swimmers Press: 1 set 10 reps
- Side Lateral Raise: 1 set 10 reps
- Standing bent Over DB Flyes: 1 set 10 reps
- Rest 30 sec Repeat
Reverse Trunk Curls (on the floor) 1 set to failure
- (Super Set) DB Tricep Ext/Barebell Curls: 4 sets 10 reps
*A superset is performed when two exercises are performed in a row without stopping.
Tuesday, August 9, 2011
Wednesday, August 3, 2011
Good Morning America did a story on women that are toned or in there words "too toned". They talked a little about how some super stars like Serena Wiliams,Cameron Diaz and Madona have been critized for being too buff. I think it's rather funny that people would think it's wrong for a woman to have a toned,curvy,strong,sexy body. As long as your body is healthy I don't see the big deal. I don't think they did much research but check the vid out anyway. Fitness model Summer White is in it.
Monday, August 1, 2011
20 mins On the elliptical 25 Push Ups
- Leg Ext 1 1/4 rep technique 1 set to failure (Immediately Followed by the next exercise)
- Lunges w/DB 1 set 10 reps (Immediately Followed by the next exercise)
- Jumping Lunges 1 set 8 reps (Immediately Followed by the next exercise)
- Squats (Really Slow) 1 set 4 reps (Immediately Followed by the next exercise)
- Box Jumps 1 set 8 reps
- DB Chest Fly 3 sets 12-15 reps
- Bench Press 6 sets 3-6 reps
- Side Lateral Raise w/2 DBs 2 sets 12-15 reps
- Push Press 6 sets 3-6 reps
- Trunk Curl (on floor) 1 set 25 reps
- Side Bend w/DB 1 set 12 reps each side
- Rocky IV 1 set 12-15 reps